Fine Garage Interior Fit Out For Internationally Renowned Sportsman
Garage Ikon has recently completed a fantastic multi-trade fit-out for one of England’s all time greatest batsmen.
With a need to utilise space within the garage to free upother areas in the house, Garage Ikon were invited to have a look at a potential Garage Interior Conversion Project.
After an initial discussion it became clear that the space within the garage could be better utilised if it was treated like another room of the house and therefore the following works took place: -
Preparatory / Enabling Works Including
- Remove existing overhead garage door track and lock down the existing doors with a view to reinstating the track if required in the future. Insulate and water proof as required.
- Remove existing timber shelving and timber boiler housing Walls.
- Dry Line with plasterboard and MDF to create strong walls capable of supporting TV’s and picture frames.
- Create partitioned plasterboard wall to front of garage using Komfire 75 Partitioning with reinforced sections for mounting TV.
- Fit plastic Mototile skirting boards.
- Decorations – 2 coats emulsion – Light Grey
- To fit 333mm interlocking 7mm thick loose laid PVC floor tile
- Plaster board ceiling and skim to bring ceiling height to 2.4m
- Create Bulk head / Access point for electrical services
- Paint Emulsion - White
- Inset LED lighting and associated electrical works
To the right hand wall was created using custom made wall to ceiling steel sliding door cabinets in grey / black in a 3.6m run. Fitted internally with hanging space and adjustable shelves.
For the rear wall Garage Ikon designed and installed a 3.6m run of vented steel cabinet housing to create additional storage space and to house existing boilers, cylinders and pipework.
Detail – Features
There are also a number of small design features that were included:-
- Creating a bespoke cupboard for electrical services
- Steel soft close letter box to replace basket arrangement
- Multiple rear cabinet cut outs to access services
- Fill piece, ceiling mounted pelmets and skirting arrangements all included
Dave Beattie of Garage Ikon “It is really satisfying to see the completed job from carrying out the initial surveys. Credit to our fitters who completed the job to a high standard and to our client who was a pleasure to work with”
The client stated “I am really happy with the result and would recommend Garage Ikon to anyone who is interested in transforming the interior of their garage”
3 week manufacture time
1 week installation